Roopa S. Murthy, DDS joined Weis Pediatric Dentistry in September of 2009. She is a general dentist who limits her practice exclusively to the treatment of children. Dr. Murthy was born and raised in the rural southwestern town called Richlands, Virginia. She was valedictorian of her graduating class from Richlands High School in 1997. While in high school she enjoyed playing on the tennis team, volunteering, photojournalism, and cheerleading.
Dr. Murthy attended the University of Virginia where she earned her B.A. in Biology. While in college she completed a semester long study abroad program in Florence where she studied Art and Italian Literature. Upon graduation she attended the University of Maryland Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, receiving her Doctor of Dental Surgery. Dr. Murthy also completed an additional year of training in Biloxi, Mississippi for her general practice residency at the Veterans Administration Hospital.
She is a member of The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, The American Dental Association, The Academy of General Dentistry, The Virginia Dental Association and The Tidewater Dental Association. Dr. Murthy’s, kindness and sense of humor puts all of our little patients instantly at ease. When she is not spending time with friends, family or her dog Lexi, she enjoys working out, traveling and painting. Her most recent travels took her to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.
- Bachelor of Science – University of Virginia
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of Maryland Baltimore College
- Externship in the Pediatric Dental Department of the Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Virginia Dental Association
- Tidewater Dental Association